Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Camera Shots and Opening Update

Anatomy Of An Opening Sequence: David Fincher’s Seven
     I've been getting some inspiration from David Fincher's film opening in 'Seven'. I am really inclined to the Close Up camera shot techniques he uses in the opening showing very rigid visuals that perfectly conveys the creepy tone and character. This has actually made me re-think on how my film opening would come out. I was planning to introduce the main character with the full appearance and the setting, but instead do the opposite. I really want to focus on the main character, for the audience to grasp how shes feeling. I want them to almost experience this confusion between reality and dreams with her. This would mean to include sounds of the main character heavely breathing or maybe them fidgeting with their fingers.

      During the weekend ive been continuing the storyboard, but have been making various  changes, going back and forth on my ideas. Im having a hard time being able to convey what I want the audience to know in these two minutes, while keeping it interesting and intriguing. What I had already done for the intro, feel like its a bit too repetitive throughout the two minutes. I think the main character speds the whole time just reverting back and forth from reality to her dreams, there needs to be a limit. I am trying to find other ways to make it simple, but turn down the repitition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment