Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Research and Planning: Film Opening in Progress

     These past few days I've been working on my storyboard, guiding me to put all my ideas together. Im not finished and am slowly incorporating more details for each shot and maybe include some other shots in-between. I want to open the film with the character already in this 'dream' world then waking up from the sleep attack a few seconds after. There are mostly going to be close up and medium shots in order for the viewers to concentrate how she is mentally and physically dealing with it, ignoring her surroundings.

Storyboard (so far)
UNFINISHED

   
















     Ive also researched more on mise e scene and found this article showing several examples. This really helped me have a better image on what the character should be wearing and how to change different aspects between reality and the dream world, in terms of lighting, in order to differentiate. Ive intend for the dream world would have high-key lighting, bright hues and mellow music in the background. While in real world it has low-key lighting, quiet and convey emptiness.
Link to article: Mise e Scene



No comments:

Post a Comment