Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Researching: Editing Techniques and Openings

     These past few days I've gone to research and view various film openings and editing techniques in order to inspire as to what I would like to create. Since the story I'm inclining to do is headed more towards a Drama/Adventure genre, it was easier to stumble upon openings that lye in the same area.
     One film opening that caught my eye the most was from 'Stranger Than Fiction' where it began with the story along with the main character's day to day life. I would like to bounce off idea from that concept of just showing how this character's has been constantly living, having the viewers understand that its repetitive and almost living like a robot/wired.
     After watching some other openings, I read an article that gave tips on editing, taken inspiration from Vsevolod Pudovkin, a director who is known for his contributions to the world of cinema with his editing techniques. This was really helpful and insightful for future reference when I do begin to edit and build my opening. One of the techniques I enjoyed learning about was contrast, and my idea does consist of two different 'worlds'. It allowed me to have an idea as to how i might convey these 'worlds' making it simple, understandable and interesting for viewers.
    So far the collection of information I've been finding has been greatly useful and I feel like its allowed my ideas to expand and come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment