Monday, March 9, 2015

Research and Planning: Idea in Progress

     For the past week Ive been able to develop what I think will be my story for my film opening. Its headed towards a Drama/Adventure genre, based on a girl (age not decided) who is dealing with Narcolepsy. Due to having this condition she tends to confuse reality and her dream world since she is constantly reverting back and forth from them. I want to convey this idea by just showing little from her daily life and have the film opening introduce the character and her condition. This would also mean practicing and playing around with the camera shots and editing to fully know how Im going to present it. So far I've been making the storyboard to have a better understanding on how it would be shown and what exactly Im going to want the viewers know from just these two minutes. I really like this concept because it's a story I've never heard of and I really wanted to gear myself in creating something unique and different.
    Since the main character would be diagnosed with this brain disease, I most certainly done my research of the specifications in terms of symptoms, causes and treatments of Narcolepsy. Within the opening, I plan for viewers be able to identify these effects and making it transparent for them to see what she is going through.

Narcolepsy Research
Sleep Disorders Health Center: Narcolepsy
What is Narcolepsy?
Youtube Video

No comments:

Post a Comment